Self Defense YOU Can Use
in Today's Violent World!
The world is changing and self defense is becoming more and more important to stay safe through daily life. Protecting one self is more than knowing karate or carrying a steel baton, it is a state of mind and awareness that will keep you from becoming the next victim. Through common sense, awareness, basic techniques and products, you can give yourself the edge over the dangerous criminal world that intersects daily life.
It is always best to do as much as you can to avoid a confrontation - "anticipation and avoidance" are the best answer to staying safe. If you do end up in bad situation, try talking to an attacker in a non provocative manner. Remaining relaxed, because appearing fearful or stressed out can possibly provoke a attack. Body language is also very important, be sure to keep a good amount of distance between you and a possible aggressor.
The use of a self defense whistle or a personal alarm will also help. The loud loud sound may cause temporary disorientation and it can also signal for help, giving you the necessary time to get away. If you choose to carry a personal alarm device, be sure to carry it somewhere on you body that will allow for quick and easy access. Leaving your alarm buried in your purse or at the bottom of a large pocket will render it useless in an emergency situation.
If you don't have a whistle or personal alarm, make a loud noise by yelling as loud as you can. It is also effective in most cases to shout "call the police" - if you're loud enough this can be just as effective as a personal alarm. If you do have a personal alarm, use it while shouting for the maximum effectiveness.
Remain calm and steady yourself if threatened by danger. Using proper self defense includes a steady and calm state of mind. If you were to panic, it may make all preparation useless and you will be totally helpless when it matters most. If you manage to keep control, you will be one step ahead of your attacker.
If you find that you need to fight, use the "bash and dash" approach. When using "bash and dash", your primary target are an attackers eyes, ears, nose, mouth, throat, groin, knees and shins. Do your best to attack any of these locations or all of them and you will stand a much better chance of escaping.
If an attacker manages to grab you from behind, don't struggle forward, you'll only end up exhaust yourself quickly. Instead throwing yourself backwards toward an attacker will likely surprise them and give you a chance to get away. If this does not work, stomp on their foot or lower leg and escape as quickly as possible.
Everyone has the right to defend themselves with reasonable force. Defending yourself includes using any item you may have available such as a bag, umbrella, can, briefcase or even your keys. When using these types of items be sure to get away the first chance you get, don't continue your attack after you have overcome them, you may put yourself in even more danger or you may get charged by the police for assault.
You have taken the first step to leading a safe life and protection yourself by coming here, now you can work towards ending the fear that comes with daily tasks as simple as walking to your car or taking out the trash. You will see that with a few tips and or a minimal investment you can protect yourself using simple self defense techniques.
Take a look at some of the other self defense and security pages on this site that my help you. Scroll to the bottom of the page if you wish to comment on this page.
- Modern Self Defense & Security
- The My-Self-Defense blog is dedicated to keeping you and your family safe in today's violent world. Information is the key to your security and self defense.
- About Me
- About Me
- Security Store, Self Defense Store
- Our Security Store incorporates products to keep you, your family and your home safe.
- Laws on self defense
- Obey the laws on self defense and protect yourself in more than one way.
- Security product reviews to help you make informed decisions.
- Security product reviews from self defense to home alarms.
- Self Defense Questions & Answers
- Answers to your self defense questions. Post a question and receive answers from the admin and other users.
- Self defense Q&A - ask questions and get answers.
- Visitors to our sight enjoy asking questions at our self defense Q&A page.
- A good fire safe will keep your valuables safe in a fire.
- A Fire safe will offer protection for your important documents and valuables in the event of a fire.
- Physical Self Defense Questions & Answers
- Ask a physical self defense question that relates to protecting oneself by professional instruction such as karate.
- Here you can ask pepper spray questions.
- Ask a pepper spray question or pepper spray self defense question.
- Ask TASER questions and stun gun questions here.
- Visitors to our sight can ask TASER questions and stun gun questions and receive answers from other users and the admin of the site.
- Ask gun questions and knife questions relating to self defense.
- Visitors to our sight can ask gun questions and knife questions as they relate to self defense and receive answers from other users and the admin of the site.
- Ask expandable baton questions & other bludgeon questions here.
- Visitors to our sight can ask expandable baton questions and other bludgeon questions and receive answers from other users and the admin of the site.
- Self Defense Equipment to Save Your Life
- Take them to the ground quickly with self defense equipment for everyday use.
- Self defense spray protects you and your family.
- Self defense spray is an economical and effective personal protection product.
- female self defense
- Female Self Defense techniques, products, tips and know-how to stay safe in today's violent world.
- Handguns For Self Defense, Pistols For Self Defense
- The debate over using handguns for self defense has been going one for years.
- Best Home Alarm System, Best Home Security System
- The best home alarm system will secure all parts of your home from burglars and other security threats.
- best locks, best door lock
- The best locks on the planet including the best door locks for homes and businesses security.
- The Safe Buying Guide.
- Our safe buying guide will help you decide which safe will work best for your needs.
- Home Surveillance Camera System
- A home surveillance camera system is a key part of residential security and peace of mind.
- Hidden Nanny Cameras have many uses and come in many different types.
- Many people don't know much about hidden nanny cameras and when purchasing/renting it is a must to be informed.
- Car tracking devices are used to keep an eye where a car is or has been.
- Car tracking devices have become affordable for nearly anybody who has a use for one.
- Home Protection Self Defense
- Home protection self defense is critical to stay safe while in your home
- Security Links
- Our security links page is full of valuable security related links.
- Site Build It - My Website That Works.
- I built my Site Build It website to make money with the information I have in my head.
- Weight Loss Coffee
- Weight Loss Coffee - All Natural - Kosher - Tastes Great!