Handguns For Self Defense
Using handguns for self defense is a viable option to protect yourself in a violent world. Hanguns are generally very effective at stopping an attacker. A individual with a handgun with no instruction or practice could be a very bad thing. When individuals carry handguns for self defense they should take several steps to protect themselves and others.
1. Take a handgun self defense course at your local hunters and anglers or other firearms club to learn the proper way to defend yourself with a handgun.
2. Practice with your firearm if you plan to carry it. As with nearly everything - practice makes perfect and you don't want to be anything but perfect when fireing a handgun.
3. Acquire the proper licence or permit for your area. Some areas do not require a concealed weapons permit to carry, while others do. Some states do not allow concealed weapons in public at all.
4. Choose a handgun that is right for you. Everybody is different and one gun does not fit all. Visit our best self defense pistol page for more information on choosing a handgun for self defense.
5. Choose a quality ammunition that is made for self defense and not target shooting. If you choose a 9mm you can find more info at
9mm self defense ammunition
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.